Here’s another recipe that I made up on the spot. I think this is becoming a habit but that’s just how I roll. I had some extra time on Sunday and decided to make these pancakes for brunch but they also doubled as dessert after dinner which was such a win!
So here’s the quickest healthy pancake recipe you’ll ever make:
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal wheat four*
- 1 heaped tsp Raw cacao powder (or more according to taste)
- 2 tbsp palm sugar syrup (or any unrefined sugar like maple syrup)
- 2 eggs**
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder ***
- 1 cup milk (use soy, almond or coconut milk for a plant-based option)
^^these are all approximations because I don’t usually measure anything so you may need to adjust accordingly.
- add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Any order is fine.
- Whisk until smooth. If the consistency is too thick add water or milk until it looks like pancake batter. If its too thin add in a tad more flour.
- And we are ready to cook! place about a 1/4 cup or ladle full into a lightly greased hot pan. Flip as soon as bubbles appear to avoid burning it like I almost did…
- serve with fruit, maple syrup and ice cream or whatever toppings you prefer on pancakes.
- take a pic of your creation and tag me in it 🙂
*If you are gluten intolerant or want to avoid wheat, replace with almond meal or just buckwheat flour or any flour that works for you. I find if I use just buckwheat flour its a bit dry and bland for me, but see how you go.
**If you are vegan or want to avoid eggs, you can replace it with a chia seed egg. Just used 1 tbsp ground chia seeds and add about 1/2 cup water or add water until it comes just above the chia seed powder. Let sit until it forms a gel consistency and you now have a vegan egg. Wooh! If you want two chia eggs just double this recipe.
***I kinda forgot to add baking powder to my pancakes that’s why they look so flat haha so hopefully yours don’t turn out that flat.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and recreate it in your own kitchens.