I always find that sorbets are perfect for warm days like the ones we’ve been having in Melbourne for the past week. Which as we all know is pretty rare to be so consistent so we better make the most of it. I always start craving light and fruity sorbets over creamy ice-cream when the heat turns up, its so much more refreshing and energising. This recipe is so easy and quick and only takes little freezing time.
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Mango Pieces
- 1 medium sized Navel Orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a splash of water or milk
- shredded coconut or garnish of choice
- cut the orange in half and scoop out the orange segments and leave the rind behind to use as a bowl.
- add this to a high power blender along with the frozen mango and vanilla extract. (I just used my nutri-bullet)
- pulse a few times and add a splash of water or milk if needed ( I used a bit of soy milk but you may not need it depending on how juicy the orange is)
- pour into a container, cover with cling film and place in the freezer for about 15 mins or until firm.
- scoop the sorbet into the orange rind bowls and garnish with shredded coconut or whatever garnish you desire.
Tip: With navel oranges, the ones with a larger navels tend to be sweeter and juicier than ones with smaller navels.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!!!