So this chocolate porridge recipe was something that I came up with just randomly experimenting in the kitchen. Took a risk with a bunch of ingredients and hoped for the best. And as it turns out the risk paid off because the result was this creamy, chocolaty, delicious pudding-like oatmeal.
This recipe not only tastes great but is also packed with antioxidants, fiber, minerals and no refined sugar.
And the bonus is that it feels like eating dessert for breakfast. That’s everyone’s dream right. Or maybe just me… Any way, here’s the Recipe.
Feel free to adjust the measurements according to taste.
- 1 cup Traditional Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsps Raw Cacao Powder (or less if you find this too bitter)
- 2 – 4 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsps of Lacuma Powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Splash of milk of choice (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat and let simmer until oats are cooked through and the dates disintegrate and the porridge is creamy.
- Remove from heat. add coconut oil and a splash of milk if desired.
- pour into a bowl and top with your favorite fresh fruit and/or nuts. (I decided to add strawberries because they are just the best with chocolate)
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!